Aaron Wong from Nobody Asked for This , Holler Presents , and the band Downtown, joins Brendan and Mark to discuss being new to podcasts, initial discovery, the new Google Podcasts app, and the question of whether we need a “Netflix of podcasts”.
The trio reveal their thoughts on the previous recommendation of Sleepover by CBC, and The Incomparable Game Show.
Brendan recommends Mark try the podcast We Fix Space Junk, an audio drama about a space mechanic with an odd mission. The first season is out now; take a listen.
We talked about the good and bad of Google’s Podcast app, and Brendan did the math(s) to see if that app was actually going to bring 4x the audience as iOS. Results: it might.
Fast Company says that there is room for someone to come in as the “Netflix of podcasts”., and Birchtree has a counter argument. Marco Arment agrees with Birchtree and the group pontificates about how a Netflix (or Blue Apron?) for podcasts would help or hurt the industry.
- Follow the show on Twitter
- 🙈 Follow Brendan on Twitter
- 🧔🏻 Follow Mark on Twitter
- Host-read ads most effective: Nova releases ‘Podcasting Intelligence Report’ | radioinfo
- Rate and review us on Podchaser
- storybreak stars<
- How to synchronize podcasts between Google Podcasts and Google Home | Android Central
- Is Google really bringing 4 times the audience?
- We Fix Space Junk
- It’s Not “Netflix for Podcasts,” It’s More Like “This Site Only Works in IE6” – BirchTree
- RadioPublic opens up a new investment platform so individual users can get a stake » Nieman Journalism Lab
- Holler! Presents: by Holler! on Apple Podcasts - Aaron’s improv podcast
- Downtown - Aaron’s pop punk band
- Cosmo Sheldrake