Kevin and Brendan share a recommendation each to Mark to help him find his next favorite podcast. Today’s recommendations are:
- Kevin - Dissect, breaking down a hip-hop album and producer, a serialized music podcast.
- Brendan - Doug Loves Movies, a movie panel show in front of an audience with comedians playing trivia games and talking about movies.
Kevin explains how Brendan and Mark are doing fine, but should really be marketing podcasts to the 60% majority of people who aren’t yet listening to podcasts. Podcasters should use traditional marketing tactics to get more listens, views, and engagement.
Lastly, Kevin helps us understand what it’s like to take all the things podcasters say and turn that into text to be read on a website.
If you would like to leave a rating and review in Apple Podcasts, we’ll try to remember to give you a shout out on the following episode. Thanks for listening and sharing. It means the world.
- Dissect – A Serialized Music Podcast
- Doug Loves Movies
- The Habitat by Gimlet Media
- Sandra by Gimlet Media
- Why Isn’t Anyone Marketing Podcasts Correctly? | Discover the Best Podcasts | Discover Pods
- Exclusive: Inside The New Google Podcasts Strategy That Could Double Audiences Worldwide
- Consider leaving us a review
- Never Seen it
- Gimlet’s Casting Call Podcast- Discover Pods
- Phoebe Judge | WUNC
- About Lookalike Audiences for Facebook ads | Facebook Help Centre
- For a list of podcast guerrilla marketing techniques and link, the PAN starter kit.
- The podcast about Used Car Salesmen that Brendan couldn’t remember: Planet Money - Episode 836: The Rational Madness Of The Used Car Salesman